Dates and Deadline
- December 19 - 23, 2020
Application deadline: November 27
Pianists and string players ages 9-22. Students will be assigned into chamber groups appropriate to their age and level.
- Junior group : age 9 - 12
- Senior group : age 13 - 17
- Young artist group : age 18 - 22
Music from our homes to yours, playing apart together. Join our distinguished artists from across the country and play chamber music in a virtual 5-day chamber music intensive.
Participants will rehearse and perform with faculty members and have a music video production of their performances.
Standard chamber music repertoire as well as arrangements of popular and non-traditional chamber works will be explored during the festival. Internationally acclaimed faculty artists will record personalized rehearsal videos for participants to rehearse with and will give one on one lessons as well as group coaching.
These in-depth lessons and discussions on individual technique, chamber music skills, and communication will enhance your musicianship and skill sets as soloists and chamber musicians.
Students will also have a unique opportunity to learn about sound engineering and video production. Scholarships are available for students who have extensive experience in video/audio editing. Please email email@example.com if you would like to have more information.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Group Warm Up : 1:30 - 1:50 pm PT
- Lesson : 1:55 - 2:35 pm PT
- Chamber Coaching : 2:35 - 3:15 pm PT
- Lecture and Discussion : 3:20 - 4:00 pm PT
- Yerin Kim, piano, director
- Brendan Shea, violin
- John Michel, cello
- Warren Hagerty, cello
- Avery Waite, cello
- Carrie Rehkopf, violin
- Rose Wollman, viola
- Daniel Stein, violin/music technology
- Tina Chong, piano
See Winter Festival Faculty page for full bios.
Please note - registrations for this year's festival are closed as we have filled all available spots.
- After submitting your application, please send two musical selections of your choice (maximum 10 minutes each) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recordings are required for you to be assigned to appropriate chamber groups
- Alumni do not need to submit recordings.