Auditioning for Chamber Choir
Fall 2023 Audition Information Coming Soon!
As CWU's premiere choral ensemble, Chamber Choir requires a rigorous audition for entrance along with a full school year commitment, this group is only open to returning and transfer students at the sophomore level and above. Auditions for all members will take place the first three days prior of fall quarter classes.
Audition materials can be found on the office door of Dr. Peterson, Room 122. You can also E-mail him to request the two excerpts (Mozart and Hogan).
There are two things you must prepare.
- Two excerpts chosen by Dr. Peterson. E-mail him for these excerpts.
- First 14 measures of your part in Mozart’s Regina Coeli.
- First 16 measures of your part in Moses Hogan’s Abide With Me.
- An art song or aria of your choice which best demonstrates your current skills (60-90 seconds of it - you will sing it unaccompanied).
The 15 minute audition consists of:
- Singing a 60 to 90 second excerpt of your selected aria or art song.
- Singing your part for the two excerpts above chosen by Dr. Peterson.
- Vocalizing through your range
- Singing back series of pitches after they are played for you on the piano (pitch retention)
- Sight reading (including assessing your rhythmic skill, pitch skill, and interval knowledge)
Unlike past quarters, there will not be callbacks due to the shortness of time. All members will be posted online and on the office door on Friday, September 24th.
Our first rehearsal will be on Monday, September 27th in the choir room beginning at 2:00pm.