An Internship experience with an approved business or agency is a requirement of all students majoring in the ITAM programs. The goal of the Internship Program is to provide students with the opportunity to apply classroom learning and gain first-hand experience. It is a structured and supervised professional experience for which the student earns academic credit.
Important things to remember:
- Students must complete RMT 379 - IT Management Career Planning prior to starting your internship experience
- In order to move forward with your Learning Agreement, contact ITAM-Internship@cwu.edu to review your individual requirements and to receive a customized version
- The Learning Agreement must be reviewed and approved before you can begin working
- The internship can be completed any quarter, not just summer
- Students must be enrolled in the Internship 490 credits at the time of completing an internship in order to receive credit. Read more on the Career Services Internship Policies.
- If you're already working in your field of study, please contact ITAM-Internship@cwu.edu to find out your options to satisfy the internship requirement
Start preparing early
Are you a current ITAM student and ready to begin the process of finding your internship? Reach out to the ITAM Internship Resource Center in Canvas as well as your ITAM advisor.
Our most successful students begin planning for their internship early so they are prepared to meet application deadlines. Your advisor will help you with this process.
Get connected with the Internship Coordinator!
Office: Samuelson STEM, Suite 206