The FlexIT experience is different
Traditional academic models only measure a student's completed credit hours or "seat time". FlexIT measures what you know. Because the program is fully online and not tied to a traditional academic quarter, it gives you an unprecedented level of flexibility. If you have extensive knowledge or previous experience in a competency area you can accelerate your progress through that module by passing the appropriate projects when you feel ready.
Education has evolved and adapted to the needs of the modern student.
PACE = Proven Applied Content Expert
Achievement of this ranking means that a student has successfully completed comprehensive, applied projects that demonstrate their mastery over a particular subject area. Upon completion of their degree, our students have a professional-level portfolio of work and projects that can demonstrate their skills to potential employers.
Mentoring: Designing education for you
ITAM and the FlexIT program are committed to the success of our students. FlexIT students have support throughout their journey by working with a qualified Mentor.
Dr. Liz Fountain
Dr. Pete Anthony
Mr. Luke Williams
- Provides support through weekly phone calls
- Offers life skills coaching including time management and motivation strategies
- Helps identify knowledge gaps and guides you toward resources
- Guides you through the FlexIT program for timely completion
- Is with you every step of the way from your first competency until graduation
- Detailed, personal feedback
Content coaches are experienced ITAM faculty assigned to each course; they are experts in their field and will provide you with assistance on concepts and feedback on your final assessments.
Benefits for FlexIT students:
- Save time and money by accelerating your progress through the program
- Focus on gaining mastery of new information and skills that can be applied right away in your current job
- Gain a professional degree from an accredited state university
- Get rapid feedback on your work - content coaches return projects within 72 hours
- Set a pace that fits with your life
All you can achieve
Once enrolled in the program students may work on and earn as many competencies as they can fit into their schedule during each three-month block.
A wide variety of people find success with FlexIT including:
- Working professionals
- Nontraditional students
- Students who do not have immediate access to a university education
- Ambitious post-baccalaureates seeking a second degree
This program helps them gain vital skill sets, increases their promotion prospects, and moves them into exciting new career fields.
Learn more about the structure and resources available when online learning with CWU by visiting Multimodal's website.
Let us hear from you!
If you would like to learn more or have questions about your specific situation, please fill out our online inquiry form. We will get back to you right away!