Skip to body

Office of International Studies and Programs


Contact Us

Phone: +1-509-963-3612
More Contact Info

Central Washington University
Office of International Studies and Programs
Hebeler Hall 102
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7408


Faculty and Staff




How to Apply

Every student participating in an education abroad program (i.e., study abroad, exchange, internship, faculty-directed program, etc.) must first complete the CWU Education Abroad Application.

The application packet is three pages. The first page collects information about you and your program. The second page consists of the Statement of Understanding, which outlines several important conditions of your participation. The final page is the Disciplinary Clearance Form. This form is submitted to the Dean of Student Success for judicial and academic clearance.

Along with the application, you must also submit a copy of your unofficial CWU transcripts (transcripts may be printed for free from MyCWU), as well as a non-refundable application fee ($75), which is payable at the Cashiers Office in Bouillon 101. The receipt should accompany your application materials.

A complete application packet includes:

  • Education Abroad Application
  • Statement of Understanding
  • Disciplinary Clearance Form
  • Unofficial transcripts
  • Receipt for application fee

After your application has been reviewed and you are determined to be eligible to participate in your program, you will receive an Education Abroad Acceptance Packet. These materials are typically due within two weeks of receipt.

CWU Education Abroad Application



Education Abroad Handbook

The Education Abroad Handbook is intended to ensure you understand CWU policies and procedures, in addition to your rights and responsibilities as they relate to participation in education abroad.

CWU Education Abroad Student Handbook



Faculty and Staff

Faculty-Directed Program Proposal Materials

Additional Resources

Travel: How to do a Travel Authorization & Expense Report

Contact the Travel Office at

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.