High School Partnerships
Phone (509) 963-1351
Fax (509) 963-1690

Prepare for the Admissions Process

High School students who have been participating in College in the High School, Running Start or other dual credit programs have had the opportunity to earn credits from several sources.

There's much to consider when moving from the high school into a college/university situation. If you're getting ready to head to college, there are a few things you want to make sure you have lined up.

And if your plan includes coming to CWU after high school, there are some benefits available to you as a CWU Running Start or College in the High School student.

  • Keep Track of Your Credits

    Keep all your information organized using the Dual Credit Tracking Sheet. Include any college credit earned from any institution. This will make it easier to complete college applications and order the transcripts they require. Open Dual Credit Tracking Sheet

  • Waive the CWU Application Fee

    Participants in CWU High School Partnership programs who maintained a 3.0 in our classes are eligible to have their application fee waived when they apply to attend CWU after graduation. The fee waiver application must be submitted BEFORE sending your application to CWU. Application Fee Waiver Instructions

  • Earn the Early Scholar Scholarship

    CWU High School Partnership participants who maintain a 3.0 GPA in CWU classes are automatically eligible for the $500 Early Scholar Scholarship. This will be applied to your student account as a new, incoming CWU freshman.

  • Be Aware of Potential Impact on Financial Aid

    It is important to consider that by participating in College in the High School and/or Running Start, there may be a potential impact on access to financial aid. Regardless of the number of college credits completed, students earning college credit in high school will be considered freshmen for admissions purposes as long as they do not take coursework after graduation from high school (excluding summer). More: Financial Aid and Dually Enrolled Students

  • Order Your Transcripts

    If you are applying for a college other than CWU, log into MyCWU or visit the registrar’s office online to order your official CWU transcript.

    Instructions and the form will be found in at the Registrar link: Order Transcripts

    Be sure to contact the admissions office of the college you are planning to attend, to find out how your CWU credits will transfer.

    Students and their teachers can learn more about Transcripts and Transferring Dual Credit

  • Check in with Admissions

    If you're planning a visit and would like to arrange a tour, or find out more about whether Central Washington University is a great fit for your long term goals, contact Admissions.