Preparing for Your New Employee's Start
Supervisors should review the following requirements and suggestions to ensuring the onboarding process is successful.
Prior to the First Day of Employment
- Work with your HR Partner to choose a New Employee Ambassador for your department.
- Contact department administrative assistant or secretary to setup phone service or move a line.
- Please order:
Wildcat Shop may be reached at (509) 963-1318 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If applicable, please give the New Employee’s signed Key Card to the New Employee Ambassador that will be assisting the New Employee on his/her first day.
- Please print the Supervisor's Checklist (PDF) to complete with the employee on his/her first day of employment.
On the First Day of Employment
- Confirm that the employee has what he/she needs to begin working (desk, computer, apron, etc.)
- Supervisors can locate a New Employee’s ID via Manager Self Service.
- If applicable, set up computer/printer configuration
- To request specific PeopleSoft/network access, submit a Team Dynamix Ticket
- Add the New Employee’s email address to distribution lists and give him/her appropriate proxy access (for assistance contact Computer Support Services)
- Please ensure that your new employee receives Time and Attendance training as soon as possible. For questions or to arrange a training session, contact Payroll at (509) 963-2221.