Add Valuable Experience to Your Resume!
Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community and get your foot in the door of a potential employer.
Students may not volunteer additional hours to any department that has hired them for pay. Students may not volunteer for another on-campus department if their volunteer duties are similar to those for which they are paid. Employers may not suggest or require that any student perform volunteer work, and may not reward or penalize any student for volunteering or not volunteering. For example, an employer may not require, suggest, or accept on-campus volunteer work from a student as a condition to participating in any school activity or as a pre-requisite to being accepted for enrollment in a class.
Students may volunteer to work on-campus if they do so of their own free will (i.e. do not feel coerced to do so), and their volunteer activities are not similar to duties they perform for pay anywhere else on-campus. Students who are enrolled in a class for which they receive academic credit may also volunteer to perform community service activities as part of a classroom project or assignment, or to receive extra credit for a class. Such volunteer work can be an important way for a student to gain practical experience to enhance their classroom learning experience.
- For more information, call (509) 962-7242
- Please call (509) 962-7246
- Email: email@example.com
- Students can volunteer by filling out an application on their website
- Tuesdays & Saturdays 9am-noon at the store
- Mondays & Fridays 9am-noon sorting and restocking
- Please call (509) 962-9257 for more information
- For more information, call (509) 962-7250
- Building and maintaining bike trails
- Contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Andrea Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, call (509) 962-6416
- Recruiting volunteers to help tutor in the schools
- Junior Achievment is open to volunteers from the entire community
- For more information, please call (509) 853-1006
- Ellensburg Office Mondays & Tuesdays
- They accept volunteers for all the events held throughout the year
- For information, call Amy at (509) 925-2002 or email email@example.com
- Call (509) 962-5058 for more information
- Openings on their Board of Directors
- Call Jill or Diedra at (509) 551-8807
- Various positions: Hospital, Outpatient Clinics, Courtesy Desk, etc.
- For more information, call (509) 962-7322
- There are a few opportunities for volunteers in the Student Parks and Recreation department
- For more information call (509) 962-7211
Regional Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Contact Lisa at (509) 453-0480
- Contact the Youth Programs Coordinator at (509) 925-8604
- Contact Jon Morrow at (509) 925-8619
- For more information, call (509) 925-5990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Valley Voices
- For more information, call (509) 962-4311
- Email at email@example.com
- Contact WorkSource at (509) 925-5311
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Center for Leadership and Community Engagement
- Diversity & Equity Center
- Museum of Culture & Environment
- CWU Club List
- Volunteer Opportunities with City of Ellensburg
- Ellensburg FISH Food Bank
Return to the Student Employment Page
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.