Skip to body

Human Resources

Other Optional Insurance and Plans

Auto & Home Insurance
If you are eligible for the employee medical, dental, and life and LTD insurances, then you are eligible to apply for the auto/home insurance.

Automobile or  Homeowners Insurance is available through payroll deduction with a state selected vendor, Liberty Mutual, 1-800-706-5525. If you are on an academic year appointment, or go on leave without pay, you must take premium payments directly to vendor.

Dependent Care Assistance Program
The Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) is a plan that saves you money by allowing you to set aside pre-tax funds into a spending account to pay for allowable child or elder care (e.g. babysitting, daycare, in-home care for an older dependent incapable of self-care).

Flexible Spending Account
The Flexible Spending Account (FSA or Health Care Reimbursement Account) is a program that allows  you to use pre-tax money to pay for certain medical expenses. Enrolling in the FSA can lead to savings of up to 40% on each dollar that is set aside.

Retiree Medical Spending Account (VEBA)
Upon retirement, 25% of cashed-out sick leave is placed into a health reimbursement account, which is a plan that reimburses out-of-pocket health care costs incurred by you, your spouse, and qualified dependents. All contributions, investment earnings, and withdrawals (claims) are tax-free!



Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.