Recruitment/Search File Request
Please send the recruitment/search file to the Talent Acquisition Team at Mail Stop 7425. The documentation should be sent within two weeks of offering a position.
These files should contain all documentation used during the search process such as:
- Forms used (for example, “request to fill” for faculty positions)
- Charge letter to search committee
- Advertising information
- Transcripts, letters of recommendation, or any other application materials that were sent directly to the hiring department instead of being submitted on-line
- Materials used to screen candidates, such as initial and primary screening documents complete and signed by committee or department members
- Notes taken during screening process (includes interview notes; on campus forums; reference checks, etc.)
- Interview schedules/itineraries
- Correspondence with candidates (copies of letters sent that were not sent automatically by Recruiting Solutions (PeopleSoft))
- Correspondence with department heads/appointing authorities regarding hiring rationale not recorded in the Recruiting Solutions (PeopleSoft) system
- Other documentation such as requests for clarification or correction of procedures, changes to committee membership; guidance from appointing authority, etc.
Do Not Include:
- Applications; resumes or letters of application (or any other materials that are captured in Recruiting Solutions (PeopleSoft)), unless you or a member of the search committee or interview team has taken notes on those materials
- Tape recordings of interviews and/or tape recordings of reference checks (or transcription if available)
- Email communication – An electronic email folder should be created for all email communication related to the search and retained by the hiring manager/search chair for 3 years from the start date
All documents relating to the search effort will be retained by the Human Resources Department for a minimum of three years from the date the successful candidate is hired or the search is discontinued. Please do not retain any search information in your department.
For information about Washington State General Records Retention Schedule, visit the Business Services website.
If you have questions regarding this process, please contact your Talent Acquisition Specialist:
Lynsey Groat – (509) 963-1267
Joy Corbett – (509) 963-1260