Recruiting for Faculty Positions
Questions? Contact the Talent Acquisition Team (TAT), Joy Corbett, 963-1260.
- Vacancy or New Position
Requests to fill faculty positions are initiated by the department chair and are forwarded to the applicable Dean.
- Recruiting Solutions User Guide - Faculty (PDF)
- Recruiting Solutions User Guide - NTT Lecturers (PDF)
- Position Description Template (DOCX)
- Role of the Search Committee
- Faculty Recruitment and Hiring Checklist - For Deans (PDF)
- Recruitment and Hiring Checklist - For Search Committee Members (PDF)
- Recruitment & Hiring Checklist - TT Faculty (PDF)
- Recruitment & Hiring Checklist - NTT Lecturers (PDF)
- Advertising Plan
When developing the marketing plan, decide if the search is going to be regional, state-wide or national.
- Selection Process
Reminder: A background check must be completed for final candidates prior to a final offer.
- TAT will provide a draft Preliminary/Secondary Screening tool
- Sample Interview questions and guidelines:
- Reimbursement and Travel Procedures for Applicants
- Determine eligibility for Prospective Employee Interview Expenses then contact Purchases at x1004
- Travel procedures, forms, checklists, and information
- Reference Check Procedures
- Moving and Relocation Reimbursements (contact Purchasing x1004)
- Hiring and Onboarding Process
Upon the acceptance of a verbal offer, the hiring department will work with the HR Department to generate appointment letters and/or contracts, schedule the New Employee Welcome session and communicate important pre-employment processes.
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.