Skip to body

Human Resources

Search HR

Contact Us

Human Resources Office
Mitchell First Floor
(509) 963-1202

Follow Us

Hiring Employee to Work Outside of Washington State

Contact your Human Resource Partner and Appointing Authority before hiring an employee to work for CWU outside of Washington State ("workstation" is located outside of Washington State).  Out of state workers typically represent additional costs to the university and the department.  Payroll must research individual state tax laws and implement necessary technical adjustments to the payroll system before an out of state employee begins working for CWU.

The following information about the employee must be provided via email to the Payroll Manager as soon as an out of state hire has been identified:

  • ID Number
  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone
  • Email
  • Salary
  • Hire Date
  • Department
  • State where work will occur
  • State of Tax Residence (Military?)
  • Job Title
  • Termination date

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.