Leave Types and Holidays
CWU observes a number of federal and state holidays. When a holiday falls on Sunday, the following Monday will be the legally observed holiday. When a holiday falls on a Saturday, the preceding Friday will be the legally observed holiday. (Reference RCW 1.16.050)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Shared Leave
- Washington State Paid Family & Medical Leave (PFML)
- Civil Service Employee Leave Policy
- Civil Service Employee Leave Procedure
- Civil Service Vacation Leave for CWU - Non-Represented (PDF)
- Exempt Employees’ Leave
- Washington State Paid Sick Leave
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Juneteenth (starting 2022)
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Native American Heritage Day (Friday after Thanksgiving)
- Christmas Day
* Represented employees, please review your Collective Bargaining Agreement.
* Faculty, please review your Collective Bargaining Agreement.
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.