Classification, Pay Scales, and Policies
Appointing Authorities, managers, and supervisors are expected to be familiar with information contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Washington Administrative Code (WAC), and Revised Code of Washington (RCW). In addition, CWU policies and procedures and applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA's) provide information regarding employee classification and compensation.
The following applies to University employees who are exempt from civil service in accordance with RCW 41.06.070.
- Exempt Criteria (PDF)
- Exempt Policy / Procedures
- Exempt Salary Plan Information
- Travel Compensation (OT Eligible Only)
Information in this section applies to both represented and non-represented civil service employees.
- Civil Service Class Specifications
- Civil Service Compensation (WAC 357-28)
- CWU Classified Staff Salary Determination Policy
- Pay Schedule for Non-Represented and Represented Classified Staff (PDF)
- Pay Schedule for Registered Nurse and Physician Assistants/Certified Registered Nurse (PDF)
- Pay Schedule for Information Technology Professional Structure (PDF)
- Position Review/Audit for Classified Staff
- Travel Compensation
The pay scales below apply to all University temporary/hourly employees. The PSE chart applies to temporary/hourly employees performing work that is covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Central Washington University and the Public School Employees of Washington (PSE).
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.