Human Resources
Mitchell 1st Floor, MS: 7425
Phone: (509) 963-1202
Fax: (509) 963-1733

Additional Coverage & Programs Available to Eligible Employees

If you have questions about benefits eligibility, contact the Benefits Office in Human Resources at (509) 963-1202 or

Auto & Home Insurance

If you are eligible for the employee medical, dental, and life and LTD insurances, then you are eligible to apply for the auto/home insurance.

Automobile or Homeowners Insurance is available through payroll deduction with a state selected vendor, Liberty Mutual, 1-800-706-5525. If you are on an academic year appointment, or go on leave without pay, you must take premium payments directly to vendor.

Dependent Care Assistance Program

The Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) is a plan that saves you money by allowing you to set aside pre-tax funds into a spending account to pay for allowable child or elder care (e.g. babysitting, daycare, in-home care for an older dependent incapable of self-care).

Flexible Spending Account

The Flexible Spending Account (FSA or Health Care Reimbursement Account) is a program that allows you to use pre-tax money to pay for certain medical expenses. Enrolling in the FSA can lead to savings of up to 40% on each dollar that is set aside.

Retiree Medical Spending Account (VEBA)

Upon retirement, 25% of cashed-out sick leave is placed into a health reimbursement account, which is a plan that reimburses out-of-pocket health care costs incurred by you, your spouse, and qualified dependents. All contributions, investment earnings, and withdrawals (claims) are tax-free! For more information, visit the Retiree Medical Spending Account (VEBA) site.

This page contains links to websites outside of The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.