Instructions & Resources
The US Department of Homeland Security requires CWU to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all employees via Form I-9 (PDF). All employees refers to all faculty, staff, temporary and student employees. Forms and additional information can be found at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.
Instructions for New Employees
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Form I-9 must be completed to prove identity and employment eligibility. As a condition of employment, Section 1 of Form I-9 must be completed no later than the hire date on your first day of hire.
- Log on to MyCWU > Employee > Personal > Personal Details > Form I-9 > follow the instructions.
- Bring verification documents to Human Resources by your third day of employment.
If you are not located in Ellensburg, documents may be presented at a CWU Center. If you are out of the area, please contact our office at (509) 963-1202 and we will be able to assist you.
Resources for Remote Employees:
- Instructions for Department Supervisors (PDF)
- Instructions for Remote Employee (PDF)
- Instructions for Acting Agent (PDF)
- Blank I-9 (PDF)
- List of acceptable documents (PDF)
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.