The Student Health Fee, which appears on the student's quarterly tuition bill, covers many of the services provided by Student Health Services.
Services that are not covered by the Student Health Fee, include:
- Initial office visit only
- Lab tests
- Surgical procedures (e.g. laceration repair, incision and drainage of skin abcess, mole removal)
- Contraceptives (e.g. IUDs/Implants, Depo-Provera injections, emergency contraception)
- Allergy injections
We do not require payment at time of services.
Services not covered by the Student Health Fee will be billed to your insurance.
We bill all major insurance plans.
In order to submit medical insurance claims on your behalf, SHS needs a copy of the front and back of your current medical insurance ID card. We strongly encourage you to always carry a copy of your insurance card
- Any portion of your bill not covered by insurance will be billed to your CWU Student Account.
- For your privacy, all SHS charges will appear on your student account as "Student Health Services."
- You will not receive a bill by mail for charges incurred at SHS.
Student Heath Services will never refuse services to a student without an insurance card or healthcare coverage.
- What Insurance does Student Health Services accept?
Student Health Services contracts with a wide variety of managed care plans and insurance companies, including those listed below. If your insurance is not listed, that does not mean we do not accept your plan; for determination, please call us at 509-963-1881. Aetna Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) Molina Premera Blue Cross Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Regence Blue Shield
Kaiser Trusteed Plans Service Corporation (TPSC) Cigna
First Choice Health Network
Healthcare Management Administrators (HMA) Apple Health (Provider One) TRICARE West (Health Network Federal Services) Amerigroup Coordinated Care United Health Care Asuris Lifewise Moda/ODS First Health Pacific Source Providence UMR
- What if I do not have insurance?
Any charges that are not covered under the quarterly Student Health Services Fee, will be charged to your CWU Student Account. You will not be required to pay at the time of services. We do not accept cash, credit or debit at Student Health Services.
- How can I get help paying for medical care?
The Washington Health Benefit Exchange, effectively provides for both public and private insurance options, facilitates enrollment and provides an online marketplace for students to compare low-cost medical insurance options. In Washington State, this includes expanded Medicaid eligibility and tax credits to offset health insurance costs.
Here are some things to consider as you evaluate your health insurance options.
- If you play sports, CWU requires that you have insurance coverage.
- All CWU international students are required to have health insurance which meets CWU’s minimum requirements.
- You may qualify for special enrollment options if you experience a qualifying life event or are eligible for Medicaid.
If you are not a resident of Washington, please visit your home state exchange website, or HealthCare.gov to learn about your insurance options.
- Fees for Common Services at SHS
Costs of some of the most common services at SHS that are not covered by quarterly student Health Fee include:
Laboratory Tests COVID-19 (PCR/Molecular) $120 COVID-19, Influenza, RSV $200 Chlamydia/Gonorrhea $100 ea. site HIV 1/2 $35 Pap smear $80 Rapid Strep A $25 Mononucleosis $25 Urinalysis $15 - $25 Pregnancy
Hepatitis B titer
MMR titer $108 Varicella titer
New Patient (initial visit only) $135 - $299 Well Exam $150 Immunizations Bexsero (meningococcal B) $215 Menactra (meningococcal ACWY) $162 Gardasil 9 (HPV) $288 Heplisav-B (Hepatitis B) $142 Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) $50 Havrix (Hepatitis A) $75 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) $100 *Immunization fee (ea.) $20
COVID-19 vaccine -
administration fee only
$40 *no admin fee for flu shots Other common injections Allergy shots (immunotherapy) $17 - $23 PPD skin test for Tb $12
Diagnostic Imaging XRAY (varies by site/views) $87 - 125 Teleradiology read fee (ea. XRAY) $50 EKG $77