Skip to body

Financial Aid

Graduate Students

Per Federal regulations, all students accepted into a master’s program are required to be enrolled in at least five credits at the 501 level or above to receive graduate-level loans. Courses within the 400 level may be approved for loan funding if required for degree completion. These courses must be documented on the Graduate Course of Study form and approved by the Graduate office. The Graduate office will submit approved forms to the financial aid office. Courses at the 100, 200, and 300 level are not applicable to a master's degree at CWU and are not eligible for graduate level loans.  


All grad Students can expect to receive their Award Letter by the Last Week of May.
If you have an assistantship on campus and you have not signed your Assistantship Contract, your Award Letter may be delayed or incorrect until your Assistantship Contract is submitted and processed.


You may view the cost of attendance by clicking here.


To be considered for Federal Aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  The priority due date for completing the 2022-23 FAFSA is February 1, 2022. Once you have submitted the FAFSA the information is processed by the United States Department of Education and sent to the individual schools of your choice. Please visit to complete your FAFSA.

Graduate Students who receive an assistantship may also qualify for an Institutional Tuition Scholarship.

Although Graduate students do not qualify for governmental Grants, Federal Loans will be offered to Graduate Students.  All students can also look into Private Loans as well.


The Graduate PLUS loan is an interest-accruing, unsubsidized loan for graduate students. The Graduate PLUS loan (see current interest rates) can be used to meet the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Graduates may borrow any amount up to the Cost of Attendance, minus other financial aid. Please contact the Financial Aid Office to request a Graduate PLUS loan. A credit check, entrance counseling, and a new promissory note are required.


Click here for more information. 

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.