Business & Financial Affairs
Barge 303
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., M-F
(509) 963-2323


Here you will find answers to some of Payroll Services' frequently asked questions.

  • When is payday?

    CWU must follow the State of Washington Pay Dates Schedule. Typically, pay dates fall on the 10th and 25th of each month. Work performed between the 1st and 15th of a month, must be approved in a timely manner for payment on the 25th and work performed from the 16th to the end of the month, if approved in a timely manner, will be paid on the 10th of the following month.

  • How do I receive my pay?

    Central Washington University embraced the Governor’s directive to “go green” and encourages all employees to participate in electronic direct deposit of payment. Employees have the choice of receiving pay checks either electronically (by signing up for Direct Deposit in Self Service), or having their checks mailed. All new employees will receive a physical (paper) check, to be picked up in the cashier's office, for up to two paychecks to allow adequate time to choose between direct deposit and paper check.

    Please contact Payroll Services for the status of your direct deposit or to determine if a check was mailed or is waiting for pick up at the Cashier’s office.

  • How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?

    Electronic sign up can be completed by clicking on your Employee tab in MYCWU, selecting Payroll from the navigation panel at the left of the screen and then clicking on Direct Deposit and completing the requested information. Alternatively, there are paper direct deposit forms available in Payroll Services, Mitchell Hall 2nd floor. Paper forms require a blank check (for a checking account) on which you have written “VOID” or you can contact your banking institution for saving account information. Savings deposit slips generally contain an internal routing number which can’t be used for direct deposit purposes.

  • What if my paycheck is short hours?

    Contact your supervisor or manager. If it is determined that you were not paid for all hours worked, the hours either need to be entered or approved. Once the hours are approved the resulting pay will be processed during the next payroll cycle. If the shortage will cause a hardship, your supervisor or manager may request a special paper check by completing the Notice to Payroll form found in Self Service via MyCWU. Payroll Services will communicate the check pick up date with your supervisor or manager

  • What if I didn't receive a paycheck and should have?

    Contact your supervisor, so they may research the problem.

  • Where do I go to change the information on my W-4?

    Log into MyCWU, click on your Employee tab, then the Payroll folder and W-4 Tax Information. A paper W-4 is available at Payroll Services, Mitchell Hall 2nd floor.
    Once completed, the change will take effect during the next payroll processing cycle. If you do not see the changes please contact the Payroll Services. *Please note: W4 is not necessary to change an address.

  • How do I change my name or address?

    Personal information may be updated on-line by logging into MyCWU, clicking on Employee, then the Personal folder and selecting the item you which to update.

    *Please note: Employees initiating a name change MUST take their updated Social Security card to Human Resources. Per the Social Security Administration (SSA), the name on your social security card must match the name on your W-2.

  • Where do I take my I-9 form once I have it completed?

    Please see the HR website for information. Log into MyCWU and click on Employee, then Personal and Complete and Submit I-9 Form (follow the instructions)

  • Where is the Payroll Office located? What are the hours?

    Payroll Services is located on the 2nd Floor of Mitchell Hall. Look for the "Payroll" sign hanging from the ceiling for help locating us. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

  • I-1433 FAQs

    Starting January 1, 2018, employers are required to provide paid sick leave (SL) to most employees under Initiative 1433 (I-1433).