Skip to body

Business and Financial Affairs

Pay Option Procedures

3-50-440 Pay Option Procedures

Effective September 1, 2007, Central Washington University wage disbursement pay option procedures for all faculty, administrative exempt, non-represented staff, students, graduate assistants, and temporary employees will include the following two options for receiving funds:

  1. Direct Deposit
  2. Check By Mail

Employees, who are currently picking up their checks at the Cashiers Office, will have 30 days to choose one of these two options, fill out the form, and turn the form into the payroll office. In the event that the Payroll Office has not received one of the two required forms within the 30 days, the employee´s check will be held in the Cashiers Office and must be picked up in person. At that time, one of the two forms will need to be filled out and signed.

Represented classified employees hired before July 1, 2007, will have the option to use direct deposit, have their check mailed to their home/permanent address, or continue to pick up their check at the Cashiers Office. All represented classified employees hired on or after July 1, 2007, are required to sign up for direct deposit.

All new employees will be able to receive a physical "paper" check by picking it up at the Cashiers Office, up to the first 30 days of employment to allow adequate time to designate a pay option.

Direct Deposit: The Payroll office encourages all employees to sign up for direct deposit /EFT (electronic funds transfer). This allows your money to be automatically posted in your account at your financial institution on payday. Direct deposit of your payroll check means no lost or stolen paper checks, no waiting in line to pick up a payroll check and no special trip to your bank or credit union. It is also convenient to have your funds available even if you are out of town traveling, on vacation, and/or ill. To sign up for direct deposit, click on Direct Deposit Authorization form at

Mail: The university will mail your check to the home/permanent address on file. Your home/permanent address is the address on your current check. The Payroll Office must receive the Request for Mailing Payroll Checks form within 30 days of hire. You can find this form at and click on Mail Check Request form.

Please fill out and return forms to:
Central Washington University, Payroll Office - MS 7479
400 E University Way, Ellensburg, WA 98926
Bring it to the Payroll Office on the 2nd floor of Mitchell Hall.

If you have any questions, please contact the Payroll Office at (509) 963-2221 or email

Revised 8/16/07

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.