Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Internship Placement Process
Review the MAT site for program application information. Candidates must be accepted into the MAT program before submitting their placement application.
Placement Application Deadlines
Summer Cohort - March 15th
Winter 2022 Cohort - Date TBA
Placement Application Checklist:
- Upon acceptance into the MAT program, MAT administrative staff will send you the placement application via email.
- Review our placement processes and policy carefully.
- Prepare your teaching resume for submission with your placement application.
- Choose your placement area preferences.
- Submit your application. We will contact you to request any additional information we need.
Please note: You will be less likely to receive your first preference areas if you delay completing the pre-survey.
MAT Internship Description
Over the course of the three quarter MAT internship, candidates will practice pedagogical theory, receive guidance, and develop competencies under the supervision of professionals in the field. A professional university instructor (field supervisor) and experienced school teacher (mentor teacher) form the professional team that supervises and guides the candidate. Candidates will be placed with one mentor teacher for the duration of their three quarter internship.