Train the Next Generation of Teachers
The Office of Field Experiences accepts field supervisor applications on a rolling basis. Appy to fill current and future part-time, as needed, quarterly appointment lecturer positions. Please see our placement map for a full list of geographical locations where students complete field placements. Additional areas will be considered on a case-by-case basis as capacity and needs permit.
Field supervisor applications are reviewed on an as-needed basis.
Field Supervisor Roles
- Meet regularly with student teacher sto provide support, feedback, and guidance
- Conduct observations and evaluations of student teachers' performance
- Orient mentor teachers; serve as a liaison between Central Washington University and partner school
- Supervise the student teacher as necessary
- Master’s Degree
- Three years of successful K-12 teaching
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Experience supervising student teachers and practicum students
- Doctorate, ABD, or advanced graduate work
- Experience with education technology
- University level teaching experience
Learn more about our current field supervisor team at our staff directory.
"Supervising student teachers is the best job I have ever had. I enjoy working with teacher candidates and using my 52+ years in education to assist them in any way possible."