Skip to body

Environmental Studies Program

College of the Sciences
Give to COTS

Contact Us

Environmental Studies Program

Transfer Student Information

Recommended Courses to Take Before Transferring to CWU

For All Specializations:

  • Introductory Environmental Science/Studies (ENST 201 or 202)

  • Introductory Biology (BIOL 101 or 181/lab or 200)

  • Introductory Chemistry (CHEM 101 or 111/lab or 181/lab)

  • Introductory Physical Geography (GEOG 107)  or Physical Geology (GEOL 101/lab or 108/101 lab)

  • Cultural Anthropology (ANTH 130) or Micro Economics (ECON 201) or World Regional Geography (GEOG 101) or Introduction to Politics (POSC 101) or Sociology (SOC 107)

Environmental Anthropology Specialization:

  • Cultural Anthropology (ANTH 130)

Environmental Biology Specialization:

  • General Chemistry with lab (CHEM 181/lab)

  • General Biology with lab (BIOL 181/lab)

Environmental Chemistry Specialization:

  • General Chemistry with lab (CHEM 181/lab)

  • Pre-Calculus II (MATH 154)

Environmental Geography Specialization:

  • World Regional Geography (GEOG 101)

  • Introductory Physical Geography (GEOG 107) 

Environmental Geology Specialization:

  • Introductory Physical Geology with lab ( GEOL 101/lab)

  • Pre-Calculus II (MATH 154)

Environmental Policy Specialization:

  • Microeconomics (ECON 201)

Please speak to your advisor as soon as possible to determine course offerings and an academic plan for your first term at CWU.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.