- How to Apply
- Environmental Studies Specializations
- Mission and Outcomes
- Course Information
- Student Resources
- Student Awards & Recognition
- Student Research
The Environmental Studies (ENST) Program develops and delivers instruction and scholarship in environmental studies / science using an interdisciplinary approach to increase environmental literacy and to provide students with the professional and technical skills for successful environmental careers.
This mission is supported by the following goals:
• Students will possess fundamental understanding of current environmental issues;
• Students can describe the various perspectives that different constituencies bring to environmental issues;
• Students can make informed decisions (e.g., voting and other life choices) that take into account relevant environmental issues;
• Students will develop critical thinking skills necessary to carry out scientific research and assess and develop policy choices;
• Students are conversant in techniques and vocabularies of diverse environmental disciplines and can integrate knowledge from different perspectives;
• Students possess good oral and written communication skills; and
• Students have depth of knowledge in an area of specialization.