Goals & Objectives
- Develop advanced competencies associated with the latest innovations in engineering technology.
- Broaden the career potential of individuals through a program of coursework, research, and exposure to new ideas.
- Develop future engineering technology faculty having the proper academic background to teach in two- and four-year universities and technical institutions.
- Promote the notion of life-long learning as a way of professional life.
Upon completion of the MSET degree program, the graduate student will be able to:
- Access information databases on details of recent technological innovations in areas such as materials, manufacturing, electronics, design, and instrumentation;
- Learn how to conduct research in an efficient manner;
- Present results of research in a clear and concise manner, both verbal and written;
- Understand how products are designed and developed in the commercial sector with knowledge of design, manufacturing processes, materials, and information transfer;
- Develop analytical and practical techniques to analyze systems of related components such as manufacturing facilities, machinery, and fluid/thermal systems; and
- Develop an interdisciplinary approach to problem solving by utilizing knowledge of electronics, mechanics, materials, manufacturing and economics.
Please refer to the Graduate Studies Office for application deadlines or to request an application packet. Thank you.