Nov. 30, 2012
College of Education and Professional Studies
NEHS faculty and students recently presented research outcomes
NEHS faculty and students recently presented research outcomes from collaborative projects at the NorthWest American College of Sports Medicine annual meeting and the annual Experimental Biology conference.
NorthWest American College of Sports Medicine Meeting research papers by students in Clinical Physiology and in Exercise Science accepted for presentation by students (underlined) and faculty.
- The effect of yoga training on fall risk factors in older adults
- T. Lamb, C. Papadopoulos, T. Burnham, C. Sims
- The effects of orthotics on comfort and performance among male collegiate rugby players.
- M. Montgomery, R. Pritchett, R.Ford, A. Bloch, K. Pritchett
- The acute effect of caffeine consumption on resting metabolic rate.
- Z. Liu, C. Papadopoulos, K. Pritchett, and R. Pritchett
- Accelerometer derived activity counts and oxygen consumption between young and elderly individuals
- L. Whitcher, C. Papadopoulos, V. Nethery, L. D. Acquisto
- Upper extremity overuse and swing-torque back injuries dominate the injury profile of collegiate golfers.
- Harveson, A. Pritchett, T. Burnham and V. Nethery
- Experimental Biology Conference Washington D.C. April 9-13, 2011. Ultra high viscosity hydroxypropylmethylcellulose blunts postprandial glucose after a breakfast meal.
- Gee, D., Dow,S., K., Pritchett, Hawk, S., and Herrington, S.
- The effects of omega-3 fatty acids and bexarotene on human breast cancer progresson.
- Hawk, S., Trappman, J. (undergraduate)
- The effects of aging on SIRT6 protein levels in various tissues of rats.
- LaGuire, T. Kohlen, C., Hawk, S., Reaves, S. (collaborative work among Dr. Hawk and faculty at Cal Poly State Univ., San Luis Obispo)