Apply to DHC

Support DHC Students



William O. Douglas
Honors College

Hebeler Hall 219
(509) 963-1900

Tuition Waiver

All Douglas Honors College students who are in good academic standing (GPA of 3.00 or higher) are eligible to receive a partial tuition waiver of $1,000 every year. That amount will be divided evenly between the fall, winter, and spring quarters.

Lillian Bloomer Memorial Scholarship

The Lillian Bloomer Memorial Scholarship is an annual award for Honors College students who have demonstrated high academic achievement. The scholarship is awarded to Upper-Division DHC students based on their capstone project, Honors College portfolio, major, and GPA. Applications are reviewed by a committee of honors faculty and staff; the top-ranked students are selected to receive the scholarship.

Lillian Bloomer Residential Scholarship

The Lillian Bloomer Residential Scholarship is awarded to up to five Honors College students who show academic promise and commitment to creating opportunities for peers living in the DHC Living Learning Community. The residential award of up to $2,000 is to be given in a combination of scholarship and waiver. It is a requirement of this scholarship that students be in good academic standing with the Honors College, commit to living in the DHC LLC in Barto Hall during the academic year, and have completed a minimum of 45 credits toward their degree.

Students must also serve as peer mentors to DHC students. Peer mentors will work with the DHC faculty and staff to build a vibrant academic and residential community of scholars. Training and development will be provided.

Other Resources

We encourage students to seek out aid through other means, including filing for FAFSA, applying for university financial aid, and exploring Scholarship Central through your MyCWU account. If you have more questions about scholarship opportunities in the DHC, please reach out to our honors advisor Chris Denison.

CWU Scholarship Office   CWU Financial Aid Office   Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)