About Disability Services
Our mission is to make university life accessible to students with disabilities.
We do this by:
- Identifying barriers to access and determining accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Collaborating with the campus community to develop accessible and inclusive environments.
- Providing advisement, consultation, and training on disability related matters.
What we believe:
- Variation in ability is a natural part of the human experience.
- Disability is a difference, not a defect.
- Inclusion is a matter of social justice.
- Accommodations are a civil right.
- Creating accessible, inclusive environments is a shared university responsibility.
Commitment to Diversity
Disability Services serves students in an environment of inclusion that respects and affirms the inherent dignity, value, and uniqueness of all individuals. Our practices reflect awareness and understanding of justice and equity. We believe a diverse, accessible, inclusive environment strengthens our entire university.