1. The item description given is based on the best available information, but the University makes no guaranty, warranty, or representation expressed or implied as to the quantity, kind, character, size, quality, weight or description of any property, or its fitness for any use or purpose and no claim shall be considered for allowance or adjustment or for rescission of the sale based on the failure to inspect the property. All property is offered for sale to the highest bidder -- "as is - where is".
2. Central Washington University reserves the right to accept or reject any and/or all bids in the best interest of the University.
3. The University reserves the right to add and/or withdraw items from the sealed bid list at any time.
4. Your signed bid form is a legal binding contract to purchase. All bids must be legible, made on the bid form provided, and signed in ink.
5. This bid expressly limits acceptance to the terms and conditions stated herein. All additional and/or different terms proposed by the bidder are objected to and hereby rejected.
6. Any incomplete, bids under $5.00 , or unsigned bid forms or altered bids will not be accepted.
7. Bids must be received NO LATER than 8:00 AM on the bid opening date. Bids will be opened at 8:00 AM on the published opening date.
8. Bids submitted shall be for acceptance within five (5) working days or as may be further extended by the University. Bid awards are normally made within two (2) working days of opening.
9. If you are awarded the high bid(s), you must take everything in the lot(s). If you renege on your obligation to pick-up your winning lot(s), you will not be allowed to participate in any future surplus sales for a period of one (1) -year.
10. PAYMENT AND REMOVAL OF PROPERTY.
- Payment must be made in full prior to release of property.
- Payment must be made in PERSONAL CHECK, CASHIER CHECK, MONEY ORDER, VISA, MASTERCARD or DISCOVER. CASH will be accepted for exact amount of the invoice.
- All checks are to be made payable to: CENTRAL WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
- Successful bidders will have four (4) working days from date of award to pay for and pick-up material. Invoices not paid by the fourth day will be automatically canceled.
- All removal costs as well as loading and removal of material(s) are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
- All items must be removed by the successful bidder during regular working hours to the satisfaction of the agency concerned.
- Bidders failing to comply with the Terms of Payment and Removal, above, may be removed from the bidders list. In addition, future bids from those bidders not in compliance with Terms and Conditions state herein will not be accepted by this office for a period of one (1) year.
- For bid results, call (509) 963-2157 two (2) days after bid opening or visit our Surplus Sale Results site .
- Tuesday following the sale, lots that receive No Bid(s) may be available for a verbal bid of $5.00 unless otherwise noted on a "first come basis".
11. AUTHORITY TO DEBAR OR SUSPEND: Reasons for debarment or suspension from participation in future sealed bids include, but are not limited to the following reasons:
- Failure to pay for all items awarded.
- Failure to remove all items awarded and paid for from University property within the time allowed.
- Deliberate failure without good cause to perform in accordance with specifications or within the time limit provided in the contract.
- Any person caught in the act of stealing state property will no longer be allowed to participate in any CWU surplus sale(s).
- Any other cause the University determines to be so serious and compelling as to affect responsibility as a state agency.