The CWU Conference Program operates a few meeting rooms year-round that are maintained and supplied directly within our department. The Conference Program also partners with our on-campus Scheduling Center to reserve academic classrooms, Student Union and Recreation (SURC) spaces & athletic fields and spaces.
Munson Hall - Elaine Wright
The Elaine Wright Room in Munson Hall is conveniently located on University Way. The space was previously used as a student lounge when Munson Hall was a Residence Hall during the academic year. It can fit up to 75 people in a theater-style set up for a meeting, or can be used as a lounge space for guests staying in Munson Hall.
Sue Lombard - Lombard Room
The Lombard Room in Sue Lombard Hall is a multi-use room that can fit up to 160 guests in a theater-style setup. The room has 2 built-in screens that drop down from the ceiling, and can be set up with a full AV cart including in-house sound.
Munson Hall - Munson Board Room
The Munson Hall Board Room is the perfect spot for a small team meeting, with an existing boardroom table that fits 10 people. The board room can be equipped with a screen, projector, laptop and other rented AV items for meetings. The Munson Board Room is located on University Way, inside Munson Hall, with a lobby just outside of the meeting room with water, ice and vending machines for our guests convenience.
The Conference Program, in partnership with SURC Scheduling Center, works to request academic classrooms for group use. Classrooms can only be scheduled after academic classes have been scheduled each quarter. The Conference Program will submit requests based on best-fit for group needs, but cannot guarantee any specific academic classrooms.
SMALL (0 TO 500 SQFT)
MEDIUM TO LARGE (501-1500)
LARGE MEETING ROOMS (1501 TO 5000 SQFT)
DISTANCE EDUCATION ROOMS
Student Union and Recreation Center (SURC)
The Student Union and Recreation Center is the largest building on the Central Washington University campus: 228,261 square feet in three stories, centrally located with easy access to parking lots and malls, primary city streets, academic buildings and residence halls.
Student Union features
- 8,606 square foot ballroom
- 324-seat theatre
- Meeting and conference rooms
- Executive boardroom
- ASCWU Board of Directors offices
- Student services and programming offices
- Campus radio station
- Residential dining and
- Espresso and smoothie bars
- Laptop checkout for students and public wireless internet
- Campus event ticketing
- Convenience store
- US Bank branch office and ATMs
Recreation Center features
- 50-foot indoor rock climbing wall
- Four-court gymnasium
- Strength training and cardio fitness areas
- Locker rooms with dry saunas
- Indoor elevated track
- Athletic training
- Private personal training and fitness testing
- Two group fitness studios
- University Recreation offices
- Outdoor equipment rentals and guided trips
For more information on rates, visit the Student Union & Activities Website.
CWU has a variety of athletic spaces, and the CWU Conference Program works in partnership with Athletics and the SURC Scheduling Center to reserve athletic facilities for groups. These spaces are reserved first for CWU Athletic and Academic programming, but when available can be used for Conference Program groups.
NICHOLSON VARSITY GYM
100.00/per 2 courts/day
Recreation Sports Complex
The CWU Recreation Sports Complex Facility Features:
- Approximately 370,000 square feet
- Artificial turf infield
- Fully lit, 4 pole system
- Grandstands with 600 spectator seats
- 400-meter all-weather track that meets all NCAA competition specifications to accommodate all running events and multi-directional runways for jump events, i.e., high jump, pole vault, long jump, and triple jump
- Throws venue that meets all NCAA competition specifications to accommodate hammer, shot put, javelin, and discus
- Stadium style scoreboard
- Restrooms with storage facility for equipment
- Food truck capabilities
- Additional 1,000 + hours to program outdoor activities
- Safe, protected space for students to recreate at night
- Perimeter fencing
- Electricity, and internet and/or wireless capabilities
For more information the Recreation Sports Complex, please visit their website.