Civil Rights Compliance
Barge 202
(509) 963-2050

Disability Access Policies and Complaints

When the Office of Civil Rights Compliance (OCRC) receives a report of disability discrimination or inquiries related to disability access, the ADA coordinator reviews the report and contacts the Reporting Party/Complainant to explain resolution options.

From reporting to the University to pursue either informal and formal resolution to filing complaints with state or federal agencies, Central Washington University (CWU) community members have different options to report disability discrimination or address concerns related to disability access.

Reporting a Complaint

Use the Behaviors of Concern reporting form to report disability discrimination or access concerns to the ADA Coordinator.

Report Disability Discrimination

University Reporting and Process

Following a report, next steps in the process depend on:

  • Whether or not the complaint falls under a CWU definition of disability discrimination or other policy violation
  • Whether or not the complaint involves CWU jurisdiction of authority.
  • How the Reporting Party/Complainant wants to proceed with the complaint and/or participate in a resolution process.
  • Whether or not the ADA Coordinator has to proceed with the complaint, as several factors must be weighed to ensure that the University is maintaining a safe and nondiscriminatory environment.

Informal Complaints/Inquires

Complaints or requests for information that result in informal discussions with the Complainant(s) as well as negotiation or mediation of a resolution between the involved parties.

Formal Complaints

Formal resolution of a disability discrimination complaint involves a CRC investigation and hearing process by the appropriate office/department, resulting in findings and recommendations.

CWU Disability Access Policies and Procedures

External Complaints

Disability discrimination complaints can also be filed with state or federal agencies, including the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). In these cases, the office of Civil Rights Compliance coordinates the University's response to the complaint.

This page contains links to websites outside of The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.