What is the Ethics Advisory Committee?
The committee reports to and advises the chief of staff on ethical issues.
The purpose of the committee includes:
- Recommending and providing leadership for strategies that integrate ethical principles into institutional culture;
- Reviewing and/or recommending university policies and guidelines that define ethical principles for conduct within the university;
- Establishing forums for the discussion of ethical concerns and to educate the university community about university policies regarding ethical issues;
- Providing advisory consultation in cases where ethical dilemmas are perceived by members of the university community; and
- Encouraging dialogue to educate, identify issues, offer viable options, seek supplemental resources, and encourage resolution.
|Ex-Officio||Staci Sleigh-Layman||Associate Vice President, Human Resources|
|Ex-Officio||Vacant||Vice President, Public Affairs|
|Ex-Officio||Dennis Francois||Director, Athletics|
|Ex-Officio||Patrick Stanton||Executive Director, Finance|
|Ex-Officio||Vacant||Dean, Student Success|
|Ex-Officio||Jason Berthon-Koch||Director, Police & Public Safety|
|Ex-Officio||Kim Dawson||Executive Assistant to the President|
(also serves as Committee Chair)
|Department Chair||Provost/Vice President, Academic and Student Life||6/30/2022|
|Appointed||Keith Lewis||Faculty||Recommended by the Faculty Senate and appointed by the Provost/Vice President, Academic and Student Life||6/30/2024|
|Appointed||Emilie Hobert||Exempt Employee||Recommended by the Exempt Employee Association||6/30/2023|
|Appointed||Shelley Berry||Civil Service Employee||Recommended by the Employee Council||6/30/2023|
|Appointed||Mariela Barrera-Amaya||Student||Recommended by the ASCWU-SG and appointed by the Vice President of Operations||6/30/2022|