|Click image to view research summary||Click researcher's name for profile|
Research is the cornerstone of the graduate program in chemistry. As such, faculty are involved in a variety of fundamental research projects in the chemical sciences, and participate in collaborative efforts with other scientists across campus and around the world.
- Biochemistry: characterization of ·OH radical production in mitochondria; toxicity of aerosol particles.
- Chemistry Education: misconceptions in learning science; the use of instrumentation and technology in the chemistry lab.
- Computational Chemistry: molecular dynamics modeling of enzyme inhibitors; computational studies of unusual or unstable molecules.
- Environmental Chemistry: characterization of aerosol particles and their role in biogeochemical feedback cycles.
- Materials Science: synthesis and characterization of fluorescent quantum dot materials.
- Medicinal Chemistry: synthesis and characterization of therapeutically important enzyme inhibitors.
- Organic Chemistry: synthesis and characterization of highly reactive intermediates such as carbenes.