Skip to body


Contact Us

400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926
(509) 963-1302

Follow Us

facebook link


Reception table


CWU Catering has beautiful, traditional-style facilities that can accommodate your reception located in Sue Lombard and Kamola Hall on the southern edge of the Central Washington University campus. The Catering staff will assist you in coordinating the details to make this a memorable event.

Room capacity will depend on the type of reception you are planning. Room setup and custodial fees apply and will be determined by the complexity of the event.

Sue Dining Room - $425

This elegant dining room was built in 1928 and completely restored in 2005. Sue Dining Room is a beautiful space with a fireplace and wooden piers that can hold banquets for up to 150 people. Fully climate-controlled for your comfort.

Lombard Room - $300

This lovely space is perfect for wedding ceremonies or intimate receptions. Originally built in 1928 and fully renovated in 2005, it is equipped with a front reception entrance, drop-down screens and is fully climate controlled.
Sue Dining Room and the Lombard Room can be utilized together for larger events or event requiring adjoining spaces. There is also an outdoor space which my be included in event plans, weather permitting.
Room Rental is $525 per day.
Set up fees will be charged based on needs. Custodial fees will be charged.


A guaranteed number attending is required ten working days prior to your event. Your bill will reflect this guaranteed number. If more guests show up than what has been guaranteed, then you will be billed at the higher guest count.

China Service  $2.25/person

This includes glass or porcelain dishware, flatware, glassware (bar service separate), and cloth napkins.

Service Staff  $17.50/hour

The number of servers needed will be affected by the type of service and the guaranteed number of guests and will be determined by the Catering Manager.
Food is not allowed to be brought onto campus to a CWU Catering function.  Wedding cakes and alcoholic beverages are the only exceptions and must have prior consent.  See "Policies and Procedures" for more information.

CWU Catering does not provide alcoholic beverages. Permission to bring alcohol on campus for your event must be obtained by requesting permission to serve alcohol on campus through the office of Student Affairs. Once permission to bring alcohol on campus is received and a banquet permit is purchased through the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board, CWU Catering then can work out the details with you on delivery, storage, etc. We can provide appropriately credentialed bar servers, if needed. Please see server fees.
CWU Procedures for Serving Alcoholic Beverages on Campus -- PDF

Beer & Wine bar service can be provided by CWU Catering staff. Hard alcohol bar service must be contracted out by the customer with a licensed and insured provider. Setup and room access will need to be coordinated with the Catering Manager.

Bar Service  $2.25/person

This includes bar tables, linens, glassware, beverage napkins, wine openers, ice, ice scoops, and bar towels.

Bartender  $17.50/hour

The number of bartenders needed will be affected by the type of service and the guaranteed number of guests and will be determined by the Catering Manager.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.