Professional Development Resources
As Career Services' core mission centers on the academic and professional success of our students, much, if not everything, we do is related to professional development. Resources and opportunities available to you through our office are listed below. Please see our full list of services offered and email our department if you have any questions.
- Career Counselors assist students with choosing their major, leading to future career options.
- Career Services' events offer opportunities to network with recruiters and learn about job and internship opportunities.
- Our workshops help in the development of crucial skills for professional success.
- The Professional Clothing Closet offers free interview-appropriate clothing (donated and mostly secondhand) to CWU students who are in need of professional clothing.
- CWU has over 200 majors, minors, and certificates, which can make choosing a major difficult. What Can I Do with a Major In...? is a great resource that connects CWU academic programs with potential career paths.
Job & Internship Search Resources
Many of our services and resources fall under the umbrella of job and internship search. Our staff assist students in job searching techniques, resume and cover letter writing, interviewing, and more.
- Resume & Cover Letters: Resume and cover letter writing is a necessary skill to develop when applying for jobs or internships. Our staff can offer feedback on your documents and offer workshops each quarter aimed at improving these skills.
- Mock Interviewing: Make an appointment to practice interviewing with one of our career counselors or use the the mock interview software in the Wildcat Career Network.
- The Wildcat Career Network (WCN): The Wildcat Career Network is an online job board and much more. Hosted online by our technology partner, Symplicity, WCN is a free service and resource for all CWU students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
- All job postings are reviewed by our staff; however, suspicious postings do occasionally make it through. If you have concerns about a job posting in the Wildcat Career Network, please email our office with details.
- Current Student Login: Click on “Wildcat Career Network” under the Applications menu on your MyCWU dashboard
- All other users, please use the Alumni Login and register for a new account if you do not already have one.
Wildcat Career Network Highlights
- Position listings include off-campus jobs (workstudy & non-workstudy) for current students, internships, temporary/seasonal positions, and part- and full-time jobs
- Calendar with information on upcoming workshops & events
- Resources for career/employer research and professional development
- Pre-recorded mock interviews to help you practice
- Virtual career fairs
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.