Internships & Cooperative Education for Academic Credit
CWU's Cooperative Education/Internship program is designed to help students gain meaningful hands-on experiences in their industry while earning credits towards their degree program.
Make sure you read all the guides carefully!
For general questions, please read our Internship FAQs.
Important Note: As of January 2020 the CWU Internship process has been revised to be a fully online process hosted in the Wildcat Career Network. All internship applicants are encouraged to review the updated information provided here as many steps in the process have changed.
The COVID pandemic has affected many areas of academic life, including internships. Please read our Internships during COVID page to learn more about current guidelines and requirements.
Student Resources & Information for Academic Internships
- Step-by-Step Internship Process Guide: Includes supporting info and links for the entire process
- Student Internship Quickguide: A printable visual guide to finding/completing the application process
- Review CWU rules regarding internship eligibility
- View Current Internship Postings in the Wildcat Career Network
- Download the Academic Requirements Worksheet
- Download Learning Agreement Modification Form
- Download Overload/Schedule Change Form
- Watch Student Internship 101: Video, a basic overview of internships at CWU
- Watch Student Internship Application Guide: Video, a guide to finding and filling out the internship application form
Employer Resources for Academic Internships
- Guides & Information
- View Fair Labor Standards Act Guidelines for Unpaid Internships in the For-Profit Sector
Affiliation Agreements - Optional agreements for ongoing partnerships
- View List of Current CWU Affiliation Agreements
Faculty Internship Resources
Guides & Information
- View Faculty Internship Process QuickGuide
CWU Internship Process - Faculty Process Guide: A quick faculty overview of the new CWU online Internship/Cooperative Learning application
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.