Resources for Employers and Faculty
Employers and faculty members are valued partners in the professional development of our students. Career Services strives to provide these partners with opportunities for engagement with both students and our department. Below, employers and faculty will find information on these opportunities. If you are an employer or faculty members with questions or suggestions, please email our office.
- Post a Job or Internship in the Wildcat Career Network. Download our get-started guide for employers if you don't already have an account. This job posting guide will walk you through the process.
- Please review all of CWU's recruitment policies before participating in any university-sanctioned recruitment activities.
- Interested in participating in a recruitment event? Our list of upcoming events is kept up-to-date with available details, including links to registration.
- To host an information session about your organization and/or opportunities, please email Bruce Simpson, our Employer Relations Liaison.
- For any other on-campus recruitment questions, please email our office.
- For information about hiring DACA students, check out this resource.
Students often turn to faculty and staff when exploring their career aspirations and goals. Career Services thanks you for providing them with support, assistance and referrals. Here are some of the ways that we can work together:
- Classroom Presentations/Don’t Cancel Class: Career Services staff can present on a variety of career-related topics. Request a presentation.
- Clothing Closet: Students can obtain one free, interview-appropriate outfit for professional use (interviews, conferences, career fairs).
- Mock Interviews: Students can access mock interview software in the Wildcat Career Network and even send you a link to view their finished interview.
- Resume/Cover Letter Reviews: Documents can be reviewed by our staff during career counseling appointments and drop-in hours or by emailing our office.
- Career Counseling/Assessments: If students are having problems with figuring out their majors/careers, send them our way!
- Graduate School: We can assist students with the application process, including personal statements and CVs.
- Wildcat Career Network (WCN): Every student has access to the WCN through myCWU. It hosts jobs and internships, career tools, and info about our workshops and events. CWU faculty and staff are also welcome to set up "alumni" accounts in WCN, even if they are not graduates of CWU. If you have difficulty signing up for a new account, please email Career Services.
- Career Guide: This free workbook includes helpful worksheets and tips on everything from choosing your major to resumes and cover letters. Download our guide and share with your students.
- Events/Workshops: Numerous workshops and events are held each quarter. Information about all of our offerings can be found on WCN, social media, and our website. Events include the Majors Fair, where undeclared students can speak to faculty about their programs.
- Academic Internships: Our staff registers students for academic internships and is an excellent resource for questions regarding the process.
- Career Pathways: This new online tool in the Wildcat Career Network can be used with your class to help students along their career path. You pick the benchmarks; we help keep track of completion.
- Access to help: We are a free service for staff, faculty, students and alumni. Open M-F 8-5 all year long. We also have staff at CWU Lynnwood and Des Moines. Book appointments online.
“This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.”