Skip to body

Career Services

Affiliation Agreement FAQs

How do I get my immunizations verified?

Print off the immunization verification form for your program. You MUST make an appointment with a nurse at the Student Health Center by calling 963-1881, to have your Immunization Records verified. There is no charge for this appointment. The appointment should take only 20 minutes. 

Bring this signed approval, along with the copies of your immunization records, to Career Services, Bouillon 206. If you wish, you may have your own doctor complete this verification form.    

Where can I get CPR/HIPAA/Blood Borne Pathogens training?

Please look for these online.

You can also go to the American Red Cross web site for additional classes offered monthly. Some facilities may offer these trainings as part of internship orientation.

How do I get a background check?

There are two ways to get a Washington State Patrol Background Check: 
1. If you need a Criminal History report, go on-line and complete the WATCH (see below).
2. If you are required to provide a complete background (with fingerprints), you will need to go to the Washington State Patrol office at exit 106 on I90. 

Before doing either, you may want to confirm which report you need.

Some contracts contain other specifications regarding background checks. Be sure to check your site’s contract to ensure that you fulfill the site’s requirements for background checks.

WATCH – Washington Access To Criminal History

The Washington State Patrol Identification and Criminal History Section (WASIS), has established a web site as the official Internet source providing criminal history conviction records for the state of Washington.

This database is comprised of records sent to WASIS by courts and criminal justice agencies throughout the state. This database includes conviction information, arrests less than one year old with dispositions pending, and information regarding registered sex and kidnap offenders. 

The WSP criminal history file also contains additional information, such as arrest records, that is not open to the general public.

The Criminal Records Privacy Act specifies criminal history dissemination guidelines. Conviction data may be released without restriction. 
Non-conviction information is not available to the public. Legislation requires that information be kept about the person requesting the report, such as target of the search, the name of the person requesting the search, and date the search was conducted.

WASIS cannot guarantee the records you obtain through this site relate to the person on whom you are seeking information. Searches based on names, dates of birth, and other identifiers are not always accurate. The only way to positively link someone to a criminal record is through fingerprint verification

The search will result in:
1. A candidate list of records that match or closely match the search criteria used. 2. A NO RECORD or NO EXACT MATCH FOUND response which means there is no conviction record in the WSP database that match the search criteria used. 3. A DUPLICATE MATCH indicating that there were two or more exact name and date of birth matches to the search criteria used. You will be required to pay $10.00 for each name searched regardless of the search outcome. Payment is accepted by credit card or by billing a pre-established account. 
Fingerprint Background Check

For a Fingerprint Background Check, students are required to complete the Form 3000-240-430 and fingerprint card. 
Instructions for Completing the Form 3000-240-430:

Part A - Print or type in the complete name and address of the business, organization, or agency. An authorized signature is required. 
Part B - Check the block that applies. 
Part C - Print or type in the applicant's (subject of the background check) name, date of birth, and alias names--including birth and married names. The applicant's sex, race, social security number, and driver's license number are helpful for search purposes. 
Part D - You must include the name of the requesting agency and the applicant's (subject's) name and full mailing address. The applicant's signature and right thumbprint are optional. 

Fingerprinting is available from the Kittitas County Sheriff's Office, or from the King County Sheriff's Office. For information about hours, call (509) 962-7525 or go to: for Kittitas County, or call 206-296-4155 or go to: for King County. Both Kittitas and King Counties charge $10 for fingerprinting.

Once you have been fingerprinted, please mail the form and card to:
Identification and Criminal History Section
PO Box 42633
Olympia WA 98504-2633
Please enclose a check for $30, payable to Washington State Patrol to cover the costs of the fingerprint search.
Each written response takes from 7-14 business days to complete.

How do I get a drug screen?

In Ellensburg, drug screening is available through Alcohol/Drug Dependency Services (ADDS). You can contact them at: 509-925-9821,, or 507 North Nanum Street Room 111. A sliding-fee scale is available to qualifying individuals. Payment may also be made using medical coupons, Visa, or Master Card, or through major insurance companies. You may also have the Drug Screen at your doctor's office.

In either case, please bring in a copy of the results, or have them faxed to 509-963-1811.

What kind of drug screen do I need?

That depends on where you do your internship.  Some contracts specify an 11-subatance screen.  Because of that, we recommend an 11-substance screen, unless you are certain that a lesser standard would be acceptable.  You may consult the contract to see if the site where you will be doing your internship requires an 11-substance screen.

Where do I get liability insurance?

Student Professional Liability Insurance (Medical Malpractice): This program insures the professional liability of students who furnish mental- and physical health-related professional services. This insurance is required for all volunteers and interns in health-related programs. Examples include athletic trainers, mental health counselors, school counselors, dance therapists, drug and alcohol counselors, marriage and family counselors, audiologists, language-speech therapists, dietitians, physical therapists, social workers, occupational therapists and services in the physical education, health and recreation fields. 
More information and forms can be found here.

Where can I get health insurance?

Medical injury and sickness insurance plans for students who have no other medical insurance are also available. Brochures may be obtained at Business Services and Contracts, the Cashiers Office, Student Health and Counseling Center, and Career Services. Visit the MEGA Life and Health Insurance Company web site at for brochures, enrollment cards (printable using Adobe Acrobat), coverage receipts, ID cards, claims status and other services. Click the following link for information about eligibility and costs. 

Bring proof of the Student Health Insurance you receive to the Career Services Office in Bouillon 206. A copy needs to be a part of your Pre-Internship File kept there.

How can I get a Tuberculosis Test?

The tuberculosis skin test (PPD test) is available through the Student Health Center, by appointment. There is a charge for this service ($12 as of December 2014), which is charged to your student account. Call (509) 963-1881 for an appointment.

Some contracts may specify a Two-Step TB Test, which requires that the test be repeated. Many specify that the test be done within a certain period of time before the internship (6 or 12 months). We recommend that unless you are certain that a lesser standard is acceptable at your internship site, we recommend a Two-Step TB Test at least within the last 12 months. If you have had a TB test within 12 months of starting your internship, but more than 6 months before starting your internship, you should check the contract to see if another test will be required. The contracts are available for review at

Other Questions?


Affiliation Agreement Forms

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.