CWU College Assistance Migrant Program
Phone: (509)-963-1729
Fax: (509)-963-1724

How to Apply

What does College Assistance Migrant Program do?

The College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) at Central Washington University provides supportive and retention services to college students from migrant and seasonal farmworking families. CAMP works with campus faculty, student services and community-based agencies to improve educational opportunities for CAMP students.

Is the College Assistance Migrant Program for me?

If you are entering Central Washington University and have a migrant or seasonal farmworking background, were identified as a migrant student in your school district, or participated in the WIA 167 program, CAMP is for you. As a retention service, we are concerned with helping you stay in school. We will help you explore your academic and career choices and make sure that you have the information you need to make the decisions which will shape your future.

Student with block tower



  • Permanent Resident, Citizen, or Eligible Non-Citizen
  • Freshman standing (fewer than 44 quarter credits

Meets one of the following qualifications:

  1. Worked for at least 75 days in the last 24 months as a seasonal/migrant farmworker or a child of a seasonal/migrant farmworker.
  2. Participated in a Chapter One Migrant Education Program or is eligible to participate.
  3. Qualifies for the WIA167.


  • Migrant Farmworker is a seasonal farmworker whose employment requires travel that keeps the farmworker from returning to a permanent home within the same day.
  • Seasonal Farmworker is a person whose primary employment is farmwork on a temporary or seasonal basis.
  • Farmwork is an agricultural activity related to the production of crops, dairy products, poultry, livestock, tree logging, or fishing.