We strive to continue creating value and opportunity by providing a high quality educational experience for our students at all locations where we deliver our programs and courses.
Let me share with you some of the strengths that make the College of Business an attractive choice:
- The College of Business is accredited by AACSB International--The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Faculty and staff are willing to work with students to get them through degree completion and transition to professional careers.
- Degree programs are delivered at well-established University Centers in the north and south Puget Sound areas while core courses are offered at University Centers in the central region of Washington state.
- Class sizes are generally small, which allows greater student access to and interaction with faculty.
- College of Business faculty--rather than graduate assistants--teach all courses.
- We are recognized for the strong reputation and size of our accounting and human resource management programs.
- Faculty are dedicated to teaching excellence and excellent teaching is a major factor in faculty tenure and promotion decisions.
- The College of Business and the University support faculty scholarship in a variety ways to strengthen teaching excellence.
We focus our energy and resources on undergraduate education. Furthermore, we welcome the opportunity to offer a Master of Professional Accountancy degree program.
As dean, my goal is to build on the solid foundation of talented faculty and staff, innovative programs, and business and alumni support. My vision is a simple, but ambitious, one--for the College of Business to be recognized as a business school of distinction in the Pacific Northwest.
Dr. Kathryn Martell, Dean
College of Business