Skip to body

College of Business

Give to CB

Contact Us

College of Business
Shaw-Smyser 413
(509) 963-2930 

Follow Us

 linked in

Leave of Absence

Are you in need of taking a break for one or more quarters?

Students are automatically granted one quarter of absence for fall, winter, or spring quarter as long as they were enrolled in classes the previous academic quarter (excluding summer).

What if I need to be absent for more than one quarter?

A leave of absence may be granted for periods greater than one quarter. To do so you must submit a completed Leave of Absence form to Registrar Services prior to the beginning of the second quarter in absence.

Will I need to reapply after?

Students who are granted a leave of absence will not need to reapply and will be eligible for early enrollment for the specified return term.

What if I need to change or extend my absence?

Any changes or extensions to the leave of absence will require a new petition, and will be subject to a new review and approval process.

Where can I find the form?

Visit our linked Leave of Absence form and email the completed form to


Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.