- Programs and Degrees
- Remote Learning
- Student Experience
- Student Resources
- About Us
- Giving Initiatives
For the past few years, accounting industry data has consistently indicated that the demand for tax services is growing faster than the supply of competent tax professionals. CWU’s Graduate Certificate in Professional Tax Practice helps meet that need. The graduate certificate program is designed to prepare students with industry-relevant knowledge that allows them to be successful in the tax marketplace. Modern technology, such as WebEx and Zoom, allow students to attend classes remotely from anywhere in the world.
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Tax Practice is aligned with the IRS Special Enrollment Examination (SEE), commonly known as the Enrolled Agent Exam. Enrolled Agent status is the highest credential the IRS awards.
Enrolled Agents, like attorneys and certified public accountants, have unlimited practice rights before the IRS. Unlike CPAs or attorneys, Enrolled Agents become nationally certified, allowing them to practice in any state with the same credential.
• Online attendance: students may attend live classes remotely from anywhere
• Classes meet once a week from 6 – 9 p.m.
• 24 quarter credits
• Program can be completed in 12 months (4 quarters)
• Rolling admissions
• Financial aid available
• ACCT 521 - Advanced Tax 1: Business Entities (5 credits)
• ACCT 522 - Advanced Tax 2: Individuals (5 credits)
• ACCT 523 - Advanced Tax 3: Practice and Procedure (5 credits)
• ACCT 560 - Corporate Governance and Professional Ethics (3 credits)
• ACCT 562 - Corporate Law (3 credits)
• ACCT 605 – Enrolled Agent Exam Review (3 credits)
• Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Completion of one foundation tax course, the content of which is similar to ACCT 340 at CWU
• For ESL students, evidence of English language proficiency, such as TOEFL.
• Apply to the CWU Graduate School.
• In Step 1, choose your desired starting quarter. You may begin the program in any quarter.
• In Step 2, choose CWU-Online under Campus and "Prof Tax Practice Grad Cert" as your academic major.
• Send your unofficial transcripts and resume to email@example.com
• Admission decisions are made shortly after the application file is complete
The School of Graduate Studies and Research at CWU helps coordinate a number of funding opportunities for graduate students, to help with the costs of tuition and living expenses, as well as the costs of graduate research and creative projects. For more details, visit the Graduate Student Funding webpage.
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Tax Practice is aligned with the IRS Special Enrollment Examination (SEE), commonly known as the Enrolled Agent Exam.
After passing the IRS Enrolled Agent exam, students gain unlimited practice rights with respect to tax matters before the IRS, just like attorneys and CPAs. Unlike CPAs or attorneys, Enrolled Agents become nationally certified, allowing them to practice in any state with the same credential.
For further questions about the Graduate Certificate in Professional Tax Practice, you may email Dr. Ambrosio.
CWU Professor Anderson Parks assumed his new role as the Kuolt Distinguished Professor of Business oCWU Partners With Edquity Inc. To Offer Emergency Resources And Financial Budgeting Help
Central Washington University’s College of Business (CB) is partnering with EdqBusiness Club Meeting Times And Involvement
Introducing Presence: the hub for getting involved! You can now see all events and clubs on the CWU