Eligibility and Plan Information
This page includes coverage dates and plan cost for Graduate Assistants with an Assistantship. This is offered as an informational resource to students interested in obtaining health insurance through the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) which CWU makes available to its students who meet the eligibility requirements of the plan.
- All registered Graduate Assistants granted a Graduate Assistantship and taking credit hours are automatically enrolled in the Graduate Assistants coverage and the premium is paid directly by the University for the quarters in which the Graduate Assistantship has been granted, unless elected otherwise.
- It's the responsibility of the Graduate Assistant to enroll and pay the premium for any eligible dependent coverage.
- Once no longer eligible for the Graduate Assistantship, it becomes the Student's responsibility to re-enroll or continue coverage under this policy and pay the premium directly to the Company, if eligible. Graduate Assistants who are not awarded a summer assistantship during the summer quarter will not be enrolled by the University for the summer quarter. Graduate Assistants may enroll directly with the Company for the summer quarter by paying the appropriate premium, provided that the Graduate Assistant was enrolled in the plan for the spring quarter and enrolls in the same plan option for the summer quarter.
2020-2021 Term Coverage (Sept 16, 2020 - Sept 15, 2021)
Effective Dates & Cost
9/16/2020 to 9/15/2021
9/16/2020 to 12/15/2020
12/16/2020 to 3/15/2021
3/16/2021 to 6/15/2021
6/16/2021 to 9/15/2021
Student $2983 $744 $736 $752 $752 Spouse $2983 $744 $736 $752 $752 One Child $2983 $744 $736 $752 $752 Two or More Children $5966 $1488 $1472 $1504 $1504 Spouse & Two or More Children $8949 $2232 $2208 $2256 $2256 * Premiums are paid by the Graduate Student when not under the Assistantship contract.
Enroll at United Health Care
- Choose your plan description
- Explore Policy
- Choose the Enroll Now button
The information provided here does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of coverage:
This page contains links to websites outside of www.cwu.edu. The views and opinions expressed on unofficial pages of Central Washington University faculty, staff or students are strictly those of the page authors. The content of such pages has not been reviewed or approved by Central Washington University.