- About Us
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Program
- Scholarships & Research Funding
Department of Biological Sciences
Science Building, Room 338
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7537
AWARD: Up to $750 for travel, supplies, equipment, & publication costs
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1st, 2022
• This award supports botanical or mycological research conducted by graduate students in the Department of Biological Sciences.
• Priority will be given to research conducted at the organismal level, including those studies that focus on descriptive biology, development, paleobotany, ecology, anatomy, morphology, life history, taxonomy, conservation, and systematics related to plants and fungi.
• Applicants must be supervised by a tenured or tenure-track faculty member in the CWU Department of Biology.
APPLICATION: [application materials]
• A project description (3 page, double spaced, 12-pt font) include the following sections:
--Project goals and objectives
--Relationship of project to previous research/knowledge in the field (literature review) including relationship to your previous work
--Significance of the research/project
--Clear statement of methodology/research design
--Timeline of research/creative activity for successful completion of the project
--Anticipated results and plans for dissemination
--Literature Cited or References (not included in 3-page limitation)
• Budget and Budget Justification
--An itemized and prioritized list of supplies and/or analyses in real, total costs
--If you are traveling to conduct research, include travel costs as needed
--If you are purchasing equipment, describe where it will reside once your work is complete (equipment purchased with grant funds belongs to the university, not to the grant recipient)
--For all expenses, provide the basis for the cost estimates (online catalog links are fine, vendor quotes, etc.)
--If your expenses total more than the amount you are requesting, please indicate other sources of funding received and/or requested for the project, or how you plan to cover those additional expenses
• Endorsement statement from your Biology Faculty Mentor. Please have your research advisor indicate their approval of your application through a signature on the application cover page.