Skip to body

Transferring Your College Credits

Bouillon 202
Phone: (509) 963-1211
Text: (509) 213-1813

Important CWU Information
CWU's academic year is based on quarters.
All references to credits in this guide are based on quarter credits.
One semester credit is equal to 1.5 quarter credits (e.g., thirty semester credits = forty-five quarter credits).
Students may transfer up to 135 quarter credits to CWU, with a maximum of 105 credits from lower division (100-200 level) courses. In general, CWU will accept credits earned at other accredited institutions.
Courses equivalent to CWU courses will transfer directly.
Other courses that are not exact CWU equivalents may also transfer, but they may only count as general elective credits. However, each academic department at CWU has the authority to approve courses from other schools that are not exact CWU equivalents. In those cases, it is best to communicate directly with your specific academic department to have those types of course substitutions approved.

The following credits will not transfer:
  • College courses numbered below 100 level
  • Developmental education or remedial courses
  • English as a Second Language courses
  • Courses specific to one religion
  • Credit for life experience

Once you have accumulated 75 credits or more at CWU you will be required to declare a major or premajor program. If you have not declared a major, you will be given last priority for early registration. 

Since many academic departments require you to apply for acceptance into their program, you should contact your specific academic department to learn how to apply for acceptance. 

You may call at (509) 963-1211 and ask to be transferred to any academic department. 

Credit Evaluations

You will receive an official transfer credit evaluation after you have been formally admitted to CWU. 

To determine how your credits will transfer before being admitted to CWU you may request a credit evaluation through the Registrar's office.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.