Apply to CWU

Request Info.

Bouillon Hall 202

Transfer Student Information

Any student attending a community college or four-year institution after high school graduation (excluding summer sessions) with coursework that is transferable to (i.e. accepted by) Central Washington University will apply and be considered for admission as an undergraduate transfer student. Generally, transfer students who have completed at least 40 college-level transferable credits with at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA, and/or have earned a Washington State community college Direct Transfer Associates Degree will be admissible. Any student that is applying to one of the University Centers must have earned a Direct Transferable Associates Degree (DTA) or completed 90 transferable credits or completed the CWU General Education Requirements.

  • Early Transfer Admissions Plus

    Save Time and Money with Early Transfer Admissions Plus (ETA+)

    Are you a student enrolled at one of our partner colleges and have earned between 0-60 credits? You may be eligible for CWU's new ETA+ program, designed to streamline your degree path from community college to CWU. As part of ETA+, you’re fully admitted to your community college and conditionally admitted to CWU with access to key university resources including academic major advising, financial aid workshops, and career counseling to help in your degree planning process.

    Designed to streamline your bachelor’s degree path to CWU, ETA+ provides you confidence about next steps in your higher education journey with access to CWU faculty and staff to guide you along your way. Get valuable guidance on what classes to take to get you the degree you want.

    Additionally, ETA+ students receive free application (a $60 dollar value) and fun CWU gear to get you excited about being part of our Wildcat family.

    At the time of transfer, fully admitted students can choose between most CWU locations including main campus in Ellensburg and online, CWU-Lynnwood, CWU-Des Moines, CWU-Pierce County, CWU-Yakima, CWU-Moses Lake, or CWU-Wenatchee.

    ETA+ Eligibility

    • Be currently enrolled at one of our partner colleges (Edmonds College, Highline College, Pierce College, Yakima Valley College, Wenatchee Valley College, or Big Bend Community College) in a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) associate degree program,
    • Have between 0-60 credits (40 semester credits) at the time of ETA+ application
    • Complete the appropriate transfer degree at your participating community college within two years of acceptance into the ETA+ program.

    Next Steps

    1. Apply to ETA+ at CWU. You’ll want to have your unofficial transcripts ready to upload at this time.
  • Transfer FAQ
  • Admission Appeal

    Would you like the CWU Admissions Office to reconsider your application for admission? The Admission Appeal Committee meets regularly to consider additional information from students regarding their admission decision. If you would like to submit additional information, visit the Admission Appeal site.