Skip to body

Residency Information

Bouillon 202
Phone: (509) 963-1211
Text: (509) 213-1813

Determination of residency is governed by the statutes and policies of the State of Washington (RCW 28B. 15) and applied uniformly throughout Washington's public colleges and universities. At Central Washington University, the Office of Admissions processes applications for a change in undergraduate/graduate residency status. 

Residency is determined at the time of formal admission to the university on the basis of information included in the university application for admission. Students who do not establish residency will be assessed out-of-state tuition.

Procedures and Deadlines

Students seeking a change in residence classification must file a Residence Questionnaire and evidence of Washington domicile with the university. Residence is determined by several factors in addition to physical residence in Washington and is based on documentary evidence submitted. Documents are part of your file and are not returned. 

Changes can be made up to the 30th calendar day of the quarter for which application is made. Evaluation cannot be guaranteed for applications received within 14 days of this period. Applications received after the 30th calendar day will be reviewed for the following quarter.


Related Links


Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.