Skip to body

Dual Admission Program

Bouillon 202
Phone: (509) 963-1211
Text: (509) 213-1813

Dual Admission at CWU

The purpose of the Dual Admission program is to provide a smooth and successful transition for the student from a participating community or technical college to Central Washington University (CWU). Students who participate in the program are considered fully admitted to the community or technical college and conditionally admitted to CWU. They will benefit from access to resources at both institutions during their academic career and be better prepared to transition into their baccalaureate program. The CWU admission application fee will be waived.


  • You must be currently enrolled at a participating Washington State community or technical college in a Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) associate degree or applied/technical degree program.
  • You must complete the appropriate transfer degree at the participating community or technical college within two years of acceptance into the Dual Admission Program.
  • You cannot have earned more than 60 quarter (40 semester) college-level credit hours from all colleges/universities attended at the time of submission of the Dual Application.
  • You must meet CWU’s admission requirements for transfer applicants found at
  • This application conditionally admits you to CWU, not to a specific program.
  • Running Start students are not eligible.
  • Students with previously earned associate, technical, or bachelor degrees are not eligible.

Next Steps

  1. Apply to CWU
  • To determine eligibly and to process your admissions application you must submit all official or unofficial transcripts to the Office of Admissions. You will have 90 days to complete the application process.
  • Start your Dual Admission Application. Please read and follow instructions carefully.
  1. Transcripts
  • Once your DTA or applied/technical degree is posted, have an official copy of your transcript sent to Admissions.
  • World language requirement: students seeking the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree must complete one year of college/university study of a single world language or have completed two years high school study of a single world language. If you took a world  language in high school and are pursuing a BA degree, please provide high school transcripts.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.