Skip to body

Accessibility Studies


How do I apply?

This depends on which program you are interested in.

For the Undergradaute certificate or minor, please complete this online application:

Accessibility Studies Programs Application 

Then contact Dr. Petersen at for an advisory meeting to confirm your course of study. (Once the pandemic allows face to face meetings, you are welcome to stop by our office in Black Hall on the Ellensburg campus. We are on the second floor in the far northeast corner.)  

For the Graduate certificate, you must first apply to the School of Graduate Studies and Research and then the registrar.  Contact Dr. Petersen at and she will help you.

FAQs for the Undergraduate Program

Do I have to take the courses in order? No, but the first three courses must be completed to take the capstone course. 

Are there pre-requisites? Not for ASP 305 or 325. You must have completed Engish 101 and 102 or the equivalent to take ASP 435. You must have started all three core courses (ASP 305, ASP 325, ASP 435) before you can start ASP 485 Capstone. You can complete the minor elective anytime.

Do I need to apply to the Accessibility Studies Program in order to enroll in an undergraduate course?

Not the first one. You  can take ASP 187 or ASP 305  without applying to the Accessibility Studies programs. You must apply to take the other courses.

What is involved in the application?

The application helps you plan when to take the courses to complete either the certificate or the minor. If you are seeking the minor, the application identifies what courses you will use for your elective credits.

Do I need to be admitted to the university?  

No, but you must be registered. Non-matriculated students can take single ASP courses and also complete the ASP Certificate. As a student of the undergraduate Accessibility Studies courses, you could be undergraduate, post-graduate, or simply interested professionals and community members. The graduate courses require admittance to the School of Graduate Studies and Research.

How do I register? To register for classes, you must contact the Registrar and get a CWU student ID number. 


Contact Us  |  Request Information




Accessibility Studies
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926
(509) 963-1481

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.