Skip to body

Accessibility Studies

Accessibility Studies Programs Application

Welcome to the Accessibility Studies Program! Please complete this online application so we can begin helping you plan when to take your courses. If you have difficulty registering for the first course ASP 305, please contact Dr. Petersen at

What name would you like us to use to talk to you?
If you do not have a CWU email, please contact the Registrar (link) to register with the university and get a student ID number.
What is the best email to contact you besides your CWU account?
Check all that apply to you at the moment.


We can discuss these options in your advising meeting. --The 16 credit Undergraduate Certificate is available for undergraduate students and also non-matriculated students seeking professional development. --The Undergraduate Minor includes the 16-credit certificate plus 5 elective credits. There are many ways to satisfy the elective. --The 19-credit Graduate Certificate requires admission to the School of Graduate Studies and Research. This might be used as a specialization within some master's degree programs.
If you are an undergraduate, please write your major(s) and minor(s). If you are not an undergraduate, please explain your current context, e.g. your job or role or training program.

To start planning your course of study...

Work backwards from when you would like to complete the program. This can be when you expect to graduate if you are pursuing a degree. 

Choose when you would like to take the capstone class.

For right now, estimate when you would want to complete your capstone. If you think you will need more than a quarter to work on it, you can begin with ASP 496 Independent Study credits the previous quarters. During the advising meeting, we'll figure out the best strategy for your circumstances.
For a minor, you will need 5 or more elective credits, for example from the following in any combination:

Thank you for completing the application form. Once this form is processed you will be allowed to register for the courses if you have registered with CWU and gotten a student ID. If you are not an undergraduate student, please contact the Registrar here to be registered as a non-matriculated student.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.